Financial Aid for College

Types of Financial Aid (YouTube video)

  • Middle Class Scholarship
    • The Middle Class Scholarship (MCS) provides undergraduate students with a scholarship to attend a University of California (UC) or California State University (CSU) campus. Students with family income and assets up to $217,000 may be eligible.
  • California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth
    • If you are or were in foster care for at least one day, between the ages of 16 and 18 as a dependent or ward of the court and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training or college.
  • California College Promise Grant is a state funded program which is available to California residents. The program waives only the Enrollment Fee at a California Community College. To apply, submit a FAFSA or Dream Act application.
  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form
    • The FAFSA form allows students to request federal grants, work-study, and loans, all in one application. U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens such as permanent residents should complete the FAFSA.
  • CA Dream Act Application:
    • Allows certain students who meet the requirements to apply for and receive state financial aid at California public and private colleges and private scholarships administered by California public colleges. Students without a Social Security Number or who have a U or TPS visa or DACA (including those who lost DACA or never applied for DACA), should complete the CA Dream Act Application.
  • Filling Out the FAFSA:
  • What happens after you submit your FAFSA form: