Week at a Glance weblink
Our goal for the WAAG is to inform parents and students of important events and provide important announcements.
Topics for the week of September 17 to September 21
- Mustang Homework Zone is Open!
- Deadline for Senior Yearbooks Approaching
- Senior Portrait Deadline is approaching
- Every Monday is College Gear Day
- ELAC Meeting on Tuesday
- Financial Aid Night is Wednesday
- Free and Reduced Meal Program
- Lunch Drop Off Policy Change
- The Registration Window for the NMSI Student Study Sessions is Open!
- Planning Ahead for PSAT College and Career Day on Oct. 24th
- Counseling Center News
- Parent Alert – Students Using Vape Pens on Campus
- Non-Privilege List
- Work Permits
- The Week in Sports
- Save the Dates
Why should I complete and submit a free and reduced lunch application?
You may be eligible for….
Free breakfast and lunch
College application waivers
Funds to expand school programs
Funds to purchase educational supplies and materials
Waivers for exams:
- SAT- College Admission ($63.50)
- ACT –College Admission ($63.50)
- A.P. – Advanced Placement ($95)
**Students who take the SAT using a test fee waiver can receive four college application fee waivers. Most colleges participate.
The free/reduced priced meal program affects many areas
- School Funding (Increased funding to ensure students receive the support they need at school)
- Internet Access (Discount on home internet costs)
- College App Fees (Discount on fees associated with applying to college)
- Bus pases (Discount on passes for the bus/light rail)
- School meals (Discount on healthy & tasty meals)
- SAT, ACT, AP fees (Discount on fees for academic tests)
** Some of these benefits apply even if you don’t qualify for free/reduced price meals.
Submit an application
Click the link below to login online for the Meal Application 2018-2019
Infinite Campus – Parent portal
1. Log in
2. Click on “Applications & Forms” on the left menu
3. Click on “Meal Benefits Application”
4. Create Pin and enter Campus Portal Password
5. Begin application
**Application time: 10-15 minutes
**District processing time: 1-2 hours
For Assistance, please contact:
Guillermo Flores (619) 591-5000
AP English Students, use the following links to register for the NMSI English SSS#1, you must register by Sept 20th.
AP Science Students, use the following links to register for the NMSI Science SSS#1, you must register by Sept 13th.
For more information, speak with Mrs. Meyer in room 605
Take advantage of the support offered by our staff and attend the After School tutoring.
When: Mondays 1:35 – 3:00 pm;
Tuesdays 2:40 – 4:00 pm;
Wednesdays 2:40 – 4:00 pm
Otay Ranch’s ASB is now offering the convenience of buying the varsity football game tickets online. Click on the link below and choose the number of tickets. You will be prompted to add the application to the phone, which you will use to enter the gate faster. There will be a separate line for online tickets.
Otay Ranch Footbal tickets
You can also install the GOFAN app into your smart phone, search for Otay Ranch High and look for the game.
Otay Ranch High School is offering Credit Recovery classes outside of the school day using LCAP funds specific to “Intervention Services.” Classes must meet a minimum of 60 hours, but we are allowed to choose the option of 38 hours of seat time and 22 hours of independent study work. For this reason, students have little to no flexibility to miss Credit Recovery classes to be eligible to earn credit. Any unforeseen circumstances must be communicated to the teacher in order to make up the time missed. Please see below for specifics on when and how often a specific class meets. Credit Recovery BEGINS Aug. 28th, 2018.
Otay Ranch High School Mustang Card: $40.00. Price includes free admission to all home football and basketball games (excluding CIF Competitions), spirit shirt, drawstring bag, lanyard and an ORH pennant. Students must present ID card with “Mustang Sticker” for entry into each contest.
|Black ORHS Stitched Sweatshirt
|Blue ORHS Sweatshirt
|Logo Hook Jacket (Navy)
|Gray/Navy Dri-Fit Hooded Sweatshirt
|Beanie Cap (Gray)
|Beanie (Blue/New Era)
|Hat (New Era, Headwear & Port Authority)
|ORHS Athletic Shorts (Dri-Fit)
|Ladies shorts w/logo (Navy/white)
|Gray Shirt (Dri-Fit)
|Logo Ladies Long Sleeve Shirt (Navy or Black)
|Logo Ladies Sweatpants
|Luau – 8/3/18 (Price increase during final week of sales)
|Yearbook 2018-19 School Year
Please make checks payable to ORHS ASB. Last day to accept checks will be May 1, 2019.