Kick Start a Career in Translational Science
Student Research Internship Program at the Scripps Translational Science Institute
The Scripps Translational Science Institute (STSI) offers a Student Research Internship Program for highly motivated high school, undergraduate, and professional students. Interns will work with and learn from a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, who include internationally-renowned investigators in the areas of genomics, bioinformatics, and digital medicine.
The primary aim of the internship program is to train and prepare students interested in health sciences, statistics, and computational/computer science to become future leaders in the realm of translational medical research.
- To gain knowledge of and exposure to current topics in genomics and the integration of mobile technologies to improve health care.
- To learn study design and analysis procedures relevant for translational studies.
- To become proficient in presenting scientific concepts, including study design, data analysis, research findings, and results interpretation to peers and mentors.
Based on current research at STSI and the intern’s individual interests and experiences, he/she will be assigned a primary mentor. The mentor will advise and guide the intern with respect to achieving the aims and requirements of the program.
Interns are highly encouraged to engage in scientific dialogue with other investigators through STSI’s seminars and project collaborations.
- Interns will attend two weekly seminars.
- Interns, together with their mentors, will develop an independent research project with objectives to be completed by the end of the internship.
- Interns will present the results of their research project at an STSI research meeting.
A collaboration between Scripps Health and The Scripps Research Institute, STSI promotes cutting-edge translational research in the areas of genomics, bioinformatics, and digital medicine. We aim to replace the status-quo of one-size-fits-allmedicine with individualized health care. STSI is a member of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Translational Science Award (CTSA) consortium.
Internship dates: June 4 – July 27, 2018 or June 18 – August 10, 2018 (8 weeks)
Application deadline: February 15, 2018
Apply online today – www.stsiweb.org/education-training/internship/
Click HERE to see the flyer